Tiramisu is a traditional coffee-flavoured Italian dessert, loved by Brits as well as our friends in the Med.
Made up of sponge, double cream and mascarpone cheese, it’s a luxurious and truly scrumptious dish.
With The Great British Bake Off back on our TV screens, we can’t think of a better time to indulge in the classic Italian pudding.
READ MORE: You can recreate McDonald’s vanilla milkshake at home in 1 minute
Instagram baker @cakeontherun has shared her super quick and easy take on the coffee dessert and it requires no cooking at all.
In fact, her cheat method is so simple, you don’t need to be a Star Baker to whip it up.
This delicious pud can easily be made vegan and gluten free with just a couple of basic tweaks.
For lots more food inspiration, visit our dedicated recipe page.
Watch how to make shortbread in the video above or follow the simple instructions below.
If you’re obsessed with The Great British Bake Off and all things baking, you’re in luck as we are too!
Our Bake On Bake Off newsletter is jam-packed with gossip and reaction from the famous TV show.
Plus, it’s stuffed with super quick and easy recipes, anyone can try at home.
You don’t need any fancy ingredients or equipment, plus some bakes can be cooked in a microwave in under a minute.
Many of the recipes are healthy, vegan friendly and gluten free.
It’s free and you’ll receive an email straight to your inbox twice a week.
It takes seconds to sign up – simply press here, enter your email address and follow the instructions.
Changed your mind? There’s an ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of every newsletter we send out.
Cheat tiramisu recipe (serves 1)
- 2 slices bread (Jason’s Sourdough works beautifully)
- 1 tbsp chocolate spread
- 4 tbsp plain yoghurt
- Sprinkle cocoa powder
- 2 tsp instant coffee granules, 2 tsp sugar or sweetener and a dash of boiling water
- Put two slices of warm or very soft bread into a cereal bowl.
- Put instant coffee, sugar and hot water into a mug and stir until the granules are dissolved.
- Pour the coffee liquid lightly over the bread so it soaks up a little.
- Leave some of the liquid in the mug, add the yoghurt to it and stir to give the yoghurt a coffee flavour. If you need to make more coffee do so. You want the yoghurt to have a strong coffee flavour.
- Now start layering the bread with chocolate spread, yoghurt and a sprinkle of cocoa powder on top.
- Leave in the fridge to chill, then enjoy.
Make it gluten free – use gluten free bread.
Make it vegan – use dairy free yoghurt such as soya, almond or coconut.
Make it skinny – use low fat yoghurt, sweetener, low calorie chocolate sauce such as Sweet Freedom or Skinny Foods Co and thin sliced bread.
Jason’s Sourdough – is available to buy in M&S,Asda and Tesco.
Download the SurreyLive app for a better reader experience and to get news from the areas you care most about. Download it via the App Store for iOS or Google Play for Android.